Wednesday, January 01, 2014

Post Christmas Crafting


Not all my cards and gifts made it into the mail in time for Christmas delivery this year... (and last year and.. shhh you get the idea.)  I had a few card stragglers and then the "What do I get my nephews?"   So, I procrastinated and tarried.  Then the solution was dropped in my lap.  Problem solved.

But I wanted to do something fun too... then I remembered a sweet little mini-tag/envelope album class I took in October at Cat's Creations taught by friend Sandy Trefger.  But I wanted something a tad bigger than the coin envelopes we used... so I Google templates and found a coin envelope template and re-sized it to my liking. Then I got to work!

The coin envelopes create these adorable little pockets in which to tuck little things.  I used some 7Gypsies tabs..after I altered them of course.  On the first one, I created another little pocket!!
This will flip open and I'll put my sentiment/note there. 
These mini albums are so much fun, so many opportunities to use the fabulous little scraps and left over kit pieces.  Don't be worried about having too much dimension, unless you're mailing them as cards...not me.. padded envelopes will be their means of packaging!
 This is the back of the mini-album... it's not quite done yet..more building and adding to go.  But I should finish it... I still have a few more mini's to create!  I'm so grateful my family knows I'm a "flake" or consistently late.  Believe it not it's on my list of things to improve on for 2014.  Wish me luck!  :D

1 comment:

Sandy Trefger said...

Ohhhh...the bigger size turned out fabulous! And I love your papers and all the nifty things you added. Such fun! You did better than me. I mailed out store bought cards! Gasp! LOL

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...