Tuesday, December 10, 2013

Card Making (Round TWO)


 Well, we're still here... so is much ice on the back roads and shady areas.   Tomorrow is day four off of school (PLUS Saturday & Sunday). yeah    Kicked the kids out of the "studio" cranked up the Irish/Celtic tunes and working on more cards.  I have the  Mini Holidays 5 (CMS177) from Stampers Anonymous/ Tim Holtz collection (you know where I bought it?  Yup, Cat's! )  and love the little Christmas Greetings.  So been making up a stack of little labels ^^^^^^^. 

 I used my oval die and all kinds of distress inks.. walnut, vintage photo, pumice stone and weathered wood for the background tones.  Then stamped the sentiment with my jet black Archival Ink.  Loved the results.

Recently acquired this stamp from Paperbag Studios "Lights" and LOVE LOVE LOVE it.. I have this fascination with street lamps.. so played with the distress inks and some distress stains to create a vintage look.  I was attempted a tin photo look and am nearly there.. need to experiment some more.  But the clock is ticking and days are passing!! 
Wala!  The finished product!  Did some touch-up on the lamps with a marker called Snow Marker by Marvy.. Back to adhering everything together.  I may get the cards out just in time, but sadly my photo's won't make it on time.  Sarah's still not cooperating for a Christmas shot.. maybe a Happy New Year Card??  We'll see.  :D

1 comment:

Sandy Trefger said...

Fabulous card! Sorry the kids are still out of school but I bet they are loving it! I wonder if the schools will take part of their Christmas break to make up these days. Keep crafting and keep your sanity! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...