Monday, July 02, 2012

Always

Playing again over at Colorful Creations.  I'm finding it's a fun site to find ways to use your scraps and stir up the creative juices. This time I did the June sketch challenge.  However, I was also inspired very much by their DT member Andrew's word challenge.  His inspiration word was SWEET.   

I began to dig thru my scraps and stash.  I had some papers lefter over from another challenge we did at CSI, they were MME Follow Your Heart and Lush collections and Pink Paislee's Botanical Collection.  I'm loving the Pink Paislee collection soooo much.  And again, I'm a self admitting "non-pink" type of person.  But to find a reason to use these papers, make me very happy!

I loved the chippies by MME, because for what ever reason, I can't grasp the banner concept.  BUT they have a pre-made chippie in their collection  NO BRAINER.  And I did a little Prima too...  Again, not my usual style but kinda dug it! 
What I DO love creating are tags and I've had LOADS of inspiration again from Andrew at CC.  This tag I created was some canvas scrap adhered to a #8 tag,  I spritzed it with Tattered Angels Mists, rubber stamped my image with Staz-On and colored it in with my Faber-Castell water color pencils.  A little touch of Stickles and I was very happy.   I tucked this tag under one of my paper blocks, so I can enjoy the layout.

This layout is based on my SWEET dd Erin.  We took a trip to Hannibal, Missouri last year and had a wonderful time.  I so enjoy looking back on the photo's.  I caught Erin unaware in the is photo.  It was late afternoon and we'd finished our riverboat tour.  So, we were just lalla-gaging about.  

3 comments:

Auntie Em said...

Gorgeous LO! I love the soft colours and the way your sprinkled the blings and trims over it.
I know now where I can head for inspiration.
Thank you! :)

apapelouca.blogspot.com said...

Shaunery, what a lovely page, so delicate and girly.
I love so much the canvas tag.

Susan Stringfellow said...

this is just so soft and pretty! I love the papers you chose and the photo is just gorgeous too. Super cute tag!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...