Saturday, April 07, 2012

Innocent Age

This weeks challenge over at CSI is fabulous!  I normally don't work with a lot of pinks.. which is kinda weird considering I have two girls.  But they're not girly girls so they've never flounced about in pink.  But I'm in LOVE with Pink Paislee's Butterfly Garden collection and was tickled to find some of the papers WORKED with this case file!
The evidence used  on my layout are:
Ruffles:  I had some white ruffled ribbon that I colored with my Tattered Angles using three different colors to create the darker green/brown.  I also had some Tim Holtz sheer ruffles that I colored with three different pinks and antique colors.
Something "sandlike":  Underneath the word  Innocent is a wavey border that I covered in a product called "Stone Effect" by Viva.  It's this "wet" sand mixed with glitter and adheres to the surface when it dries!  Before it completely dried I spritzed on some dark greens, browns and a touch of black gold by Tattered Angels.  I also coated the title letters with some "Rock Candy" Stickles for the beachy salt encrusted look.  But I couldn't leave well enough alone, I then free handed some circle on the page with my Matte Accents and dusted with course crystals and golden beryl glitter by Martha Stewart.
My piece of evidence was sanding:  I embossed some Tim Holtz Coredinations and then sanded the edges.  I also adhered a piece of PP to a mini brown paper bag (remember those little tag books eveyone loves making?) and sanded the edges down and peeled the paper.  The little bag, thus created my journal tag pocket.  I also distressed the edges of the polka dot paper before sewing it down.


This week I borrowed a sketch from Becky Flecks site Page Maps it's from her April sketches and I adapted a 8x11 sketch for my 12x12 layout.  I've always been a big fan of Page Maps and have worn my pages thin on her first book. 
Here are a few more shots and to read my journaling please visit us over at CSI .  If you'd like a list of my supplies, please visit me here!



Thanks so stopping by!  Glad you could visit.  Feel free to comment it you'd like.  I always read every comment and what you have to say is important to me. 

1 comment:

Tracee said...

Love it! You rock pink! Tx

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...