Thursday, March 29, 2012

LBM Page 1

Well, I needed some creative time to myself this week.  No challenges, no sketches.. free scrap.  At least I thought I was free scrapping.  But in retrospect, a challenge did "stick" in the back of my head.  A site called Colorful Creations, a fun little site with all kinds of inspiration for all venues for scrapping creativity.  This was a White + 1 Challenge.   My layout doesn't fall into the 12x12 category but this is definitely a Link w/ Love situation.  Thank you for the inspiration!

But keeping to MY personal challenge, using up the junk/tidbits/ scraps and clutter I have on my desk and this bucket of scraps..this is my first page.  I painted the grunge page w/ white gesso, I loved the coverage.  You can speed the drying by using your heat gun and it's okay if you make it bubble, but don't let it catch fire.  After that, using my newest acquisition, a fun rubber stamp from Impression Obsession,and an olive green chalk ink pad, I stamped directly on the grunge. YES,  it's BRICKS!  Love!  After I randomly "doodled" around various bricks with a green marker.  I had some scraps of this white corrugated paper I had picked up from my LSS, that and a little wood banner from Prima.  But it wasn't green enough, so I thought I could darken w/ my Distress Stain.. that didn't seem to work so well.  BUT then I went back over with White Distress Stain and BOOM.  It looked great.  Unfortunately, I covered up the cool inspiration word, but I had some rub on quotes in the bucket.   I took a TH hardware piece, embossed it in white.  A little tip I picked up from Tammy Tutterow.  Lastly, I had a bit of left over Dusty Attic, that was covered with metal tape and then colored green with TH Alcohol Inks.

Thanks for peeking in.  So WHAT are YOU creating today? 

1 comment:

Debbi Tehrani said...

Gorgeous, S! How awesome that you made this with all scraps!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...