Friday, February 10, 2012

Time Frames

Well, I knew I'd miss the deadline for my DT submission for Case File #4 over at CSI.  But I still finished it and wanted to share with everyone.  This was a FUN challenge!
This challenge had the colors; teal green, golden/orange brown, black, beige and muted teal green.
The elements I pulled are; frames, stripes, rhinestones, something shiny/reflective..... I even have a warped version of a wet element too.  The key hole was dipped into metallic teal embossing powder and it looks shiny and wet now!
I took several frame rubber stamps, stamped and embossed on black paper using white & gold embossing powder and created a step effect.  I also had a Dusty Attic cog & time piece chipboard element, that I painted w/ black gesso and then covered with pinches of teal, gold and aqua and then heat embossed the whole mess.  I loved the results!

My shiny reflective elements are Autumn Leaves - mirrored birds and my foil embossed paper by Creative Imaginations.  I took creative liberty with my "wet" element using a transparency from ages ago with references to TIME printed all over it.  The frame is by Teresa Collins, I first stained it with TH Alcohol inks, but wasn't satisfied.  After it dried I dipped it into Versamark, then dipped it into aqua embossing powder..better...smeared some more alcohol ink on it and was satisfied!

My title Time was painted with Twinkling H2O's and Perfect Pearls powder.. then I drizzled clear drying glue around the title..I pressed some clear micro-beads into the wet glue for another "wet" element effect.
My journaling followed a step down formatting and talked of Time.... which match the photo I took of this clock in Mineral Wells last spring!  Thanks for looking and browsing!

1 comment:

Tracee said...

You are always so creative and put so much of yourself into your work! I love this as your eye winds its way down the page to the Me Time title! Great page Tx

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...