Sunday, January 22, 2012

Attitude

It's week three over at CSI: Color, Stories, Inspiration, so it's time for a new CHALLENGE!  Continuing with our nod to Lewis Carrol and everything Wonderland... Debbie found us inspiration with this BEAUTIFUL photo (tea cups!) and "drink me" tags.

This week we had lovely colors of lilac, cream, dusty pink brown and a pinkish grey... all beautiful and Alice-like.  Last week Debbi submitted a layout with NINE pictures on an 8x8 page..this inspired me to use four pictures from a series of pictures I took of my dd over Thanksgiving weekend.  We visited a nature reserve in McKinney, TX, where she and her brother posed for various shots.  These were her "out takes" but in my opinion, a truer reflection of her everyday self...
My evidence included: tags, sheer ribbon, gold details, & circular elements.  From the testimony I drew upon the prompt of "repetition" with the title Attitude on my layout.  I also used it thru out my journaling.  I'm not sure my journaling is from a second person point of view but I tried to journal "outside" of myself.  Not so much a mother to a daughter but from another perspective..

95% of this layout has a Tim Holtz/Ranger product on it.  I used Distress Inks, Grungeboard, embossing powders, tapes and techniques.  My gold touches are shown on the bicycle and on the sheer ribbon.  While my unknowing "doily" was reflected in the punch I used to create some borders.  It wasn't until I was finished and had photographed this did I notice!
Other items included scraps of Heidi Grace, a note pad from Michael's, rub on's by Making Memories and left over faux brads.  I hope you like this, as this was a layout that flowed from my heart and hope my daughter appreciates as she grows older.

3 comments:

Papel Scissors said...

awesome LO girl..i really love the attitude tag on the side!

jeanie g said...

Love your take on the challenge Shaunery. Such a heart felt chattty journalling style. DD looks a little beauty too. xxx

Fran Brunke said...

Hi Shaunery -Congratulations, you have won the Liebster Award! Hope you don't mind me posting it here, but can't find your email addie.
Congratulations, you have won the Liebster Award for an up and coming blog that has under 200 followers. I'm passing on the baton to you to share with five (5) up and coming blogs of your choosing. Pass on the goodwill.

Check out my blog for further details and rules:
http://paperinkme.blogspot.com/2012/02/liebster-blogs-update.html
Hugs, Fran

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...