Sunday, September 11, 2011

Junior Year

Oooh another color love moment!  This week I had time to get two challenges done.  This time I played at The Color Room using their Palette #74.  TCR provides a sketch for their challenges but I'll be honest.. It didn't "speak" to me.  But sketch #62 over at Sketch Savvy spoke volumes AND it mirrored TCR's sketch.  It was a win, win situation.  I'm desperately trying to compile and "finish" scrapping Taylors scrapbook since he's a SENIOR this year.  This page highlights some of his "big" moments in choir his Junior year.  I'm so proud of Taylor and his willingness to step out of his comfort zone.  He competed in All State this year and made it to Region.  It's been a VERY LONG time since any of our male choir members reached this achievement.  He had a great time that weekend in November.  In December the mixed choir performed at the Springtown War Memorial Association's fund raiser and those kids stood out in the cold singing carol after carol.  UIL Solo Competition came around in Feb/March and for the first time reached a 2 (That's a GOOD thing, in years past allergies, colds and not being prepared hindered his efforts), we did have our first male soloist make a 1 and he went on to state!  AWESOME.  To round out the year, Taylor performed in a spring recital hosted in Aledo with his vocal coach.  He performed  "If I Can't Love Her" from the broadway musical "Beauty and the Beast".  What better compliment and praise than to be asked by another choir if you'd come and be in THEIR choir?? 
Okay, I've rambled on and on about my son.  (Yes, I am proud of him!) But back to the layout.  In this layout I used the following products:  Bazzil Swiss Dot, DCWV Mariposa, Authentique, TPC Studio, Crate Paper, 7 Gypsies gaffer tape, TH Distress reinkers & TH Adirondack Alcohol inks, punches by EK Success, stamp phrases by 7 Gypsies,  Cherry Wood "paper" by Creative Imaginations, Sizzix, Making Memories and jewelry findings from clearance at Michaels.
So enjoyed playing this week, last week.. oh I get the days confused sometimes.  I hope you enjoy and thanks for putting up with my rambling.  Have a great week! :D

1 comment:

FiKenward said...

This is such a great boys page Shaunery, I like all the block work using the papers giving that textured dimension and the cut work look lovely. Great use of stamps as well.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...