Wednesday, June 22, 2011

My Girl

This week was fun, fun, fun!  And I'm going to go on and on and on about it!
I keep going back to these two sites and the creativity of the women here.  Color Combos Galore & Sketch Inspiration.  When armed with inspiration like this, you can't go wrong.
I pulled papers from Autumn Leaves (2003) & Prima, Strawberry Kisses Collection ~ Summer Picnic and Pastiche Collection ~ Vintage Garden.  Last sheet of each that again been hoarding forever. I also used stamps by Outlines Rubber Stamp Co that I happily bought at my fss, Cat's Creations Scrapbooks. 


I stamped, embossed, colored and slathered on Glossy Accents, Dimensional Magic, Perfect Pearls, H2O's, rhinestones to these little petals.  Layering and using "snot" dots to add depth and texture.  It's quit addicting and I still have blooms I didn't use on the layout.  How ever I did learn that Dimensional Magic can and will change the tones and colors of your water color pencils AND copic markers.  I have some orange~coral blooms in my stash now.  My favorite was stamping on black cardstock and embossing with white embossing powder.  The POP was faboo!

 I ran a piece of Strawberry Kisses all the way across the page.  Loved the colors and tones as they matched so well with the challenge!  But I couldn't leave well enough alone.  I cut out the striped arches, edged w/ black.  Then I layered back into place again using dimensional "snot" dots.  I did the same w/ the flower cut outs.  Using my computer, I matched my challenge colors and created the journal blocks. I also free handed outlined each block w/ my vellum writer pen.  (works great on photo paper!)

 I stamped "Count the Happies" on creamy cardstock with my TH Worn Lipstick Distress Pad and continued stamping until the ink faded.  Matted it on black cardstock and topped with a wonderful bloom.  Then I used my circle cutters and cut one black and one cream circle frame, adhered the black to the cream and the whole thing directly to the paper.  Topped off with "My Girl" with some Thickers and I was good to go!
 I digitally "altered" my picture of Sarah using both Picnik for the frame and water mark.  I also added flourishes using my Microsoft Publishing software.  I was even able to match the flourish with the Red Riding Hood color.  This was a fun set of challenges..I like the sketch so much, I'm off to work on another of my older dear daughter, or may my dear son... who knows!

2 comments:

FiKenward said...

Wow!!! Loved the is gorgeous, love all the papers that you used, all the soft swirls and paper layering and flowers is simply beautiful.

Papel Scissors said...

First off GREAT LO as usual!! You are truly talented..I especially like your presentation this time with your LO because you showed your Lo and then the inspiration behind it..I never really understood how CCG worked and now I do since you layed it out for me in this blog! Sometimes I have to see something in front of me b4 I understand it!!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...