Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Summer Lovin' Had Me a Blast

Fun days at Sandy Beach..Sandy Lake?  I'm always confused with it's name... oh well.  This weeks challenge was brought to us by Grease!  Sandy & Danny holding hands on the beach..Summer Lovin' rocking the speakers..  Deb & Janet picked awesome colors and a great inspiration photo for us to work on.  I took it another step and headed to Sketch Savvy to check out Susan's sketches.  They rock too!  I choose current sketch #59.  I'm no where as awesome as she..but here's my take.   Honestly,  I want to continue building and adding to it, but I so wanted to share before the deadline.  At least I got to rephotograph it in the daylight.
 Including some journaling was part of the challenge and for me I love journaling.  But I didn't want it out for all to see.  So I mounted my photo on black chipboard and popped it up on the corners using what my friends & I call "snot dots".  This created enough space for me to tuck a couple of altered manilla tags that I journaled on.  I added some scraps of ribbon, pieces of TH tissue tape and distressed the entire tag w/ inks and glimmer mists.

Susan's sketch used three manilla tags above the picture block and I liked my twist on her design.  The next set of elements were some paper ribbon, paper strips running across the page.  I used three..the first being simple patterned paper, that I wadded it up and then smoothed it flat.  The next I took a piece of vellum and covered it w/ TH tissue tape.  I then used a border punch .  Lastly, I ran some ME Lost & Found thru my Big Shot w/ TH film die.

I dug thru the stash and we have a jar full of shells and sand dollars we've collected over many summers.  Some are from Maine and some are from west Florida.  The sand dollar was broken, chipped and didn't "bleach" out after drying.  So, I spritzed it with some more glimmer mist!  It looked cool!  I also took a doily and layered it on some sandy pearl cardstock.  Taking my cue from Lost & Found I add a bit of glitter around the edge.

I used canvas to mat my photo and lastly I used a Tattered Angels mask to build dimension.  I smeared on some molding paste onto some vellum.  Before it dried, I spritzed with glimmer mist.  After it dried, I cut out and layered onto my layout.  Last where the chipboard thickers for the title....
Thanks for the summer fun!

1 comment:

Susan Stringfellow said...

NICE! It looks even better with your black background here on your blog. I'm going to link here to your blog from my sketch site. If you aren't ok with that, just email me and I will take it off, but I just love this! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...