Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Sticking to It

If you haven't noticed, I'm a bit obsessed with challenges lately.  The UP side is, I'm getting pages done for the kids scrapbooks.  I challenged myself at the beginning of the school year to focus more on Taylor's scrapbook.  He's a junior this year and the most scrapbooking of just him....is his first year baby album.  It's massive, but I have all his milestones, holidays, family...I mean IT's in there!  Fast forward to his current album, I swear it creaks and groans when you open the album.  There's probably even cobwebs if you look hard enough.

So, using some challenge websites is a good idea for a jumping point for page layout ideas.  But I have one wee problem.  I obsess over the challenge, a good example is the color combo shown above.  Those are beautiful shades of purple.  PURPLE a fabulous color.  Not fuchsia, not raspberry, not pink.. PURPLE.  These purples have wonderful cool undertones of grey and tan..leaning back on the blue side of purple.  Now my stubbornness kicks in, the challenge shows these four colors...no green, no blue, no pink....I'm a purist I'm sticking' to the challenge.  My paper stash taunts me, laughing almost.  The papers are filled with these "complimentary" colors!!  NO.  I want PURPLE.  The Lilac Locker shade is the most elusive of the colors...technically it's a creamy purple tinged ivory.  White, white, white keeps popping up....

I've ranted, I've rambled... I think I got it out of my system.  I have thirteen sheets of "purple" pulled from my stash.  I'm diving in for one more sheet then no more obsessing.  I'll find my "perfect" picture, grab those papers and stick to the "plan".    

1 comment:

Michelle said...

LOL--I need to get some "stick-to-it-iveness" myself! I still haven't started my 2010 scrapbook (just guessing it might not happen anytime soon)! I love your pictures and your layouts are awesome!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...