Saturday, September 18, 2010

Sketch Inspiration


Finished another challenge, but this time I visited a site called "Sketch Inspiration".  Friend and owner of Cat's Creations in Mineral Wells recommended the site as it's headed up by a "local".  And Cat IS one of their sponsors.... it's cool.   This was a very simple sketch, it's the paper that makes the layout and of course my cool grandparents.   I used Graphic 45 papers, rub ons by Me and My Big Ideas, a vintage button and vintage lace, some polka dot tape from 7 Gypsies and crackle accents by Ranger Products...

Working on this page has my genealogy juices pumping and churning.  I don't have too much on my maternal grandparents but I think they're a good jumping point and a good place to "experiment" how I'd like to archive and document what I have learned.  It's motivated me to write down some of the stories my grandfather has told me (and hope I get them right) and the few cloudy memories I still have of my grandmother. 


Here I printed the title "Timeless" and then cut out each letter.  (I'm outta stickers, thickers and rub on's that size!!)  Did a bit of distressing, then coated with Crackle Accent.  Once dry, I rubbed distress ink over the top to enhance the cracks and then coated with Crystal Accent.  The lace is vintage I found at an antique mall, and the vintage button from a jar full of old buttons I found in our basement while living in Brunswick, Maine.  (Guess renting isn't that bad, huh?)


Here I took a cream rub on from Me and My Big Ideas.  I wasn't completely happy, so I took the Crackle Accent and went over the top of the rub on... unfortunately the photo doesn't do it justice.  The crackle is subtle and lends just the right touch.  I'm happy so I called it done.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...