Friday, June 04, 2010

Fly Away....

Summer is here...literally.  One day it's blue skies, comfortable temperatures, next it's hazy muggy skies and the thermometer reading 102!  Holy Crap!  With summer will come our usual antics, excursions and fun.  Tomorrow Taylor will hop on a plane and fly to California for three weeks of fun with his grandparents, aunt & uncle and his father. 
Saturday..ahhh oh no wait...Saturday, driving to DFW to drop Taylor off.  Saturday, Indy Races at TMS (via the route I drive...) Saturday, Copic Classes and Tattered Angeles technique classes at Cat's Creations in Mineral Wells.. A morning full of driving.  When I originally booked my place in the class, Taylor's travel dates hadn't yet been finalized.  When we did finalize the dates, I quickly agreed not once looking at the calendar..then I LOOKED at the calendar.  Oops.  No problem, I'll just be late for the first class....
So David and I are talking about Saturday and how it will all hash out.  (Like him informing me, no pizza Friday night..cuz he'll be providing pizza Saturday while I'm gone!)  Taylor wanders in, listens for a moment and then adds to the conversation, "Mom, you know I'm 16.  You can just drop me off at the airport.. I know what to do."    Umm WHAAA???  DROP my son off at the airport???  David looks at me and shrugs, "He is growing up Shaunery, cut the strings.."  WAIT a minute!!   Then David smiles wickedly at me and includes, "You could be heading to Mineral Wells and miss less of your class.."   Hmm, no I couldn't, could I, no that's wrong...leaving my darling boy at security...and racing to Mineral Wells..NO, no, maybe?  (should have never mentioned the cost of those three classes..)
So, Taylor's packing his bag.  I'm packing my tools...he's pretty comfortable with me "leaving" him.  I'll check him in and get him past security..(He still doesn't have any photo id yet and don't start on me on that!) Then, deep breath...I'll leave.  Before he boards...before witnessing him walking down the loading ramp...before going insane...
How's that line by Ron White?  "Will there be anyone there to pick your son up?".. "No, I'll pin a $20 to his shirt and wish him the best of luck!!" 

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...