Wednesday, April 30, 2014

Tag it's April

  Whew coming in on the wire!  But I have a really decent sorta lame excuse..... I loved this tag so much, the ideas were swirling in my head of OTHER things I could create with this technique.  So I have three projects going at the same time.... not the wisest of choices but I didn't get them out of my head, they'd be lost in the void between my ears. 
So to view April's tag and inspiration, please visit Tim Holtz's blog.  It's amazing!   Those little flowers nearly kicked my butt.  However I kept at it and think I got the hang of it.  Much scrap paper was sacrificed to the paper gods tho'.  My photo isn't doing my tag justice and I grew frustrated and quit.  I had OTHER things to complete! 

THIS is what was in my head, screaming to be released...  I had some of those groovey burlap canvas panels that someone RAKed me. (LOVE).  I first smeared some Ranger Crackle Texture paste on the burlap.  I didn't care if it reached the edges, in fact I'm delighted it didn't.   Once completely dried, I added the tissue tapes.  With the burlap and texture paste, you really must burnish the tape down well.  Then I followed the Distress Paint and Distress ink steps.  BUT know this, the water flicking technique doesn't quite respond the same as it would on manilla.  However it was pretty cool.  I used a SSS poppy stamp instead of the dimensional flowers and made a sentiment tag.   I think I'm going to go back and add one of those groovy little bitty bottles with a "secret message" scrolled up inside or some sand or something.. but it's late and past my "bedtime".
Thanks for peaking in!

1 comment:

Sandy Trefger said...

Ohhhh love your tags! Great technique!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...