Monday, November 12, 2012

In My Room

Oh what beautiful colors this week over a CSI... actually some of my favorite color tones.  I was in love the moment I set eyes on these!!

So for my evidence I used the following:
wood/woodgrain: My dress form (TH Die) was cut using Creative Imaginations wood "paper"  It's ultra thin wood veneer.  I stained mine with TH Distress Stain in Walnut.  I also had  Kaiser laser cut wood dress form.
bookpages :  I tore two pages from a old dictionary and adhered them to my card stock with a gel medium.  Once dry, I smeared some modeling paste/gesso over the top to soften the edges.  Before it dried, I spritzed some "Tattered Leather" by Tattered Angels on.
buttons:  I had some vintage buttons in my button stash, so I started gluing them down
silver metal accents: I die cut some TH Heart Wings from some TH mirror plastic, then I dug out some random pieces, a pin, a silver brad, the silver button...and just started putting them into place.
My jounaling was inspired by the prompt:  "Document a Favorite Room in Your Home"  My favorite is still in it's infancy, in fact it's not yet a reality.  Right now my scrapbook room aka studio is shared with what is really my laundry room.  It's a big laundry room, I think it was built with the intent of being a dry pantry but who knows?  David has allowed me to make it my own, mostly because he doesn't want to see in the dinning room anymore nor does he want me expanding into the garage.    We talk of moving some day and we've already included a space for my scrapping in the search.  There will be a room in the house, or he'll build me my own stand alone studio.  But it's a place that I'd to have room for the kids to quietly read or just have down time.  A place for everything and everything in it's place...  it will have southerly sun filling it with warmth and feel cozy & encourage creativity. 

I hope you enjoy this and I encourage you to come over to CSI and play along.  It's a great place to still up the creative juices, socialize in the chat or just be inspired by the fellow members and design team!  :D

3 comments:

Marilyn Nimmo said...

Great page. Love your "infant" studio! I love these colors. Hoping I have a chance to participate this week. I did last weeks, but never got it posted.

Valerie said...

I love your layout and loved your story about your favorite room! I could actually envision what you described that you hope to have one day! Very neat how you added so many elements and techniques to this page. Well done!

Heather Jacob said...

sensational Shaunery xoxoxox

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...