Friday, September 28, 2012

Lessons Learned


 Check it out, I'm on time!!!  Whoot whoot... major milestone for me lately.. It's the last challenge for the month of September and our time at Once Upon a Sketch has come to a close.  :(   But you can still play along over there, just get your layout loaded by October 1st!!  (check out the site for more details!)

Case File #39 at first scared me.. ooohh bright colors.. how on earth to make them look good?  Why use BLACK of course!  I also took Nadia's sketch and rotated it to the left.   My evidence this week includes:

Rub-on's :  my botanicals and on the wings
Leaves:  The itty bitty leaf bits on the floral stamp image and from the rub-on
Bird:  Stamped images
Star: punched cardstock
"Little Bits & Pieces":  the random parts of rub-ons on the wings, the tissue tape on the chipboard
Chalk:  I stamped with liquid chalk
Wings:  TH die with scraps of orange paper
Book Pages:  I created a mini-book for my journaling; it's stretching it a bit I admit.

My Testimony is IN my flip journal.  Those pages above, each open up to reveal journaling.  My journaling is about "Lessons Learned", however, this time it's personal so I'm not sharing the contents.  But it's basically about my personal growth and things I've learned and am still learning to this very day. 


 Another prompt suggested journaling ONTO your photograph.  I just photo shopped the word, "Lessons" instead.


 Nadia's sketch suggests a large floral or circular element, so I took an oval of pp, layered it with a newly purchased rubber stamp from my LFSS, (okay it's CAT'S if you MUST KNOW), colored it with chalk inks and layered another stamped image of a bird (purchased at an annual stamp convention I attend, one of those fabulous art vendors) and again colored w/ chalks and Perfect Pearls powders.

I had this fabulous chipboard from Dusty Attic and wanted to use it sooooo much.  I initially thought, what fun it would be to cover the whole thing with bits & pieces of TH tissue tapes.  Then cut and sand it so it looked just so.  The laser cut chipboard and tissue papers didn't bond as well as I hoped.. so having to be content with what DID stick, I daubed the whole thing in Chalk Inks...

Over all, I really dig this layout.  One, I do not usually scrap about me.  Two, there aren't that many pics of me that I like.. and three, I was very doubtful I could pull these colors off.  But in the end... I'm smiling.  I hope you enjoy it too.    Don't forget to pop in over at CSI to see the whole challenge and the other DT's work and pop over to OUAS to check out Nadia's challenge and their DT's creations using the same casefile and sketch!

4 comments:

Tina said...

Shaunery! I think this is one of my favorite layouts of yours! I love everything about it!

Marilyn Nimmo said...

LOVE this layout. I love how you did the letters in the title. Amazing job as always.

Helen Wallace said...

Hi Shaunery...it's so interesting to read about how you achieved this stunning page. I love everything about it. The photo is amazing and I love the clever way you've hidden your journalling.

Debbi Tehrani said...

Absolutely gorgeous, Shaunery! The black background is so dramatic and the colors look so awesome against it! Love every little detail on this. Your photo is gorgeous, and all your stamping is fab, and that little flip book is genius!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...