Monday, September 10, 2012

Firsts

First day of school, way back when Sarah was a Pre-K kid!  

This month over at CSI is CHOCK FULL OF WONDERFULNESS!  
Our sponsor this month is a relatively new company, please welcome...
All our members who play along and upload will be entered to win a fabulous prize package!  Wait, there's more... CSI is also pleased to announce that we have a new FULL TIME sponsor,


Everyone will have TWO opportunities at a wonderful prize package each month!  



For our Case File #36 over at CSI, I used the following evidence:
Mesh:  Mine is a very loose interpretation, I used a mask and some gel medium and created a "resist" of sorts.  I then went back misted and inked over portions of the mesh chicken wire.
Use letters as embellishments:  I took a rub on by 7 Gypsies and applied to a steam-punk element of sorts.
Leaves:  I left the leaves on my flower embellishments
Misting:  I misted the flowers, the canvas, the background paper and the ruffled ribbon
Tone on Tone:  The whole layout!


 My testimony was inspired by two prompts:
Write your journaling in the form of a letter:   I used another one of my hidden tags, (Look above the orange flower for the tab)
     "My dear little Sarah..... who knew this year would so full of adventures, discoveries and the shocks of our life?  Pre-K will be so fun for you.  We learned that the morning filled you with fear, but at the same time joy.  The noise was overwhelming bu the song and dance was a thrill"
We later learned that Sarah suffered from severe anxiety disorder and the echo of the auditorium was deafening for her.  That is also when we began the journey of learning why she exploded in close and had difficulty in expressing herself.  AND she had her first Grand Maul Seizure, truly shocking and terrifying for all of us.
Scatter your journaling across the page:  I shared snippets of the moments of the morning.

Lastly I used Nadia Cannizzo's sketch from her website, Once Upon a Sketch.  This month we've teamed up with Nadia and her fabulous crew over at OUAS and we'll combine our Case File with HER sketches.  Play along there and guess what!!!  Another opportunity to win fabulous wonderfulness from 7 Dot's Studio!!  What are you waiting for?  Come on and play!  
Thanks for stopping by.  I appreciate your patronage and kind comments!   :D

2 comments:

Marilyn Nimmo said...

LOVE, LOVE, LOVE this! What a scary thing...seizures! Precious little girl!

Sandy Trefger said...

This is adorable! Cute, cute photo and the page layout and details are amazing!
~sandy
visit my blog @ sandy's crafty creations

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...