Saturday, June 23, 2012

HOME

It's reveal time over at CSI and this week is no disappointment.  Wow, you need to see what our DT came up with along with our guests!  Wooozers!

This week revolves around a beautiful inspiration picture and brought to mind the phrase, "A man's castle..."  The colors yelled BEACH, outstide PLAY but I was coming up with nothing!  Growing frustrated, I dragged down my many boxes of photo's.  You know the ones that date back to PRE-Digital...  (whoa, wait that wasn't that long ago!)  I came across two of my husband and I.  I love this series of pictures taken of us.  But they're bittersweet.   Taken the day of his dear grandfathers funeral, in Palmyra MO.   David had a deep love for his grandparents and huge respect for them as well.  I had learned he wore his dress whites for his grandmothers funeral back in the 90's.  So, it was only natural and the right thing to wear when we came home for Roberts funeral.    You have to understand, one doesn't wear their dress uniform outside of military events very often.  David didn't even wear his uniform to either of his sisters weddings and refused to wear it our own wedding.  For him, his uniform is the highest form of respect he can show to another.


My evidence for the challenge is:

Architectural elements/create windows:  I rubberstamped one of my art stamps (a stained glass window) onto some TH grundge board.  I colored in the elements with my Distress Markers, Stickles and some gold wax rub.
Clouds:  I just picked up some laser cut clouds at my favorite LSS (Cat's Creations), I colored these with sky blue, Claudine Hellmuth Studio paint, Marvy Snow Markers and MS coarse crystal glitter
Borders/border punches:  I used several of my EK Success punches under the photo
Wood Elements:  I created a hidden journal tag, that I used MME Follow Your Heart PP, it had a wood grain print, that I also ran thru my Cuttlebug with my TH wood-grain embossing folder.  I also covered the letter O in the same pp and embossed.  I then highlighted with my Distress Pad Antique Linen and some Perfect Pearls dust.
Gold Metal Accents:  I used a gold wax rub on my window element and on the letter E chipboard piece.  I also included two gold buttons and a TH metal tag.

My testimony prompts were: Document something about special about your home.   I took the emotional route; inspired by Home is Where Your Heart Is, I spoke of how my heart belongs to my husband and so where ever he is.. we're home.
Because this is CSIs 25th reveal, we added a little fun twist.  We also challenged our members to scraplift one of their absolute favorite layouts posted at CSI.   There are so many to be inspired by, most recently I was drooling over Tina Walker's  June post on her blog.  She created a layout inspired by MME June Sketch and I dug it.  Soooo I copied it!!  :D 

2 comments:

Papel Scissors said...

what a lovely LO..

Debbi Tehrani said...

Absolutely gorgeous, Shaunery! Loved reading your sweet journaling. Love your cool title work. Love your textured clouds. Love that awesome window. Love all the little details on this that make this so special!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...