Wednesday, June 06, 2012

Bloom

Here's another out of the box for me.... okay sorta but not really.  Allow me to explain.  I am enjoying another challenge from Colorful Creations and this one is by their DT member, Andrew Roberts.   He does some incredible work and I'm slowly becoming addicted to his crafty style.
He's hosting Tag of the Month over at CC and since I do enjoy using tags ALOT in my layouts in different ways.. I thought FUN!.   However, I wanted to twist it up a bit.. since we're celebrating the Queens Diamond Jubilee over at CSI, I'm feeling a bit "regal".  It made me think of castles and the pageantry that follows royal processions.  So, BANNERS.
I flipped my #8 tag upside down and covered it with canvas paper but...
I followed the natural lines of the tag and extended my paper cuts to create the banner effect.  THIS is addicting by the way... (I've started on several more since finishing this one!)
I was suppose to use inks in some form in the creation of this tag.  Well, here's what I did for ink,
1. inked/stamped my images of the flower and the bee ( Stampin' Up - Bloomin' Beautiful)
2. used Tim Holtz Distress Ink Stain and a water pen to paint in my flower
3. used Tim Holtz Distress Ink pad to distress the edges of the tag
4. used Tim Holtz Distress Ink marker to create the faux stitches.
I used two pieces of scrap ribbon and created a third paper ribbon with a scrap of paper and a border punch.

Well, I'm off to create and play some more.. having so much fun!  Thanks for stopping by!

1 comment:

Tracee said...

Love it, and that bumble bee is so darned cute! Tx

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...