Tuesday, March 06, 2012

9 Sarah's Journey

I'm a little late getting my "reveal" up for CSI  this week.  But it's been a bit busy is my excuse.  This was a fun case file and it's still early enough for you to play along! 
Last week we had so many of our members play along with Case File No. 8 and one stood out for me.  And lent inspiration to THIS weeks layout for me.  Michelle Grant, Design Team member for Dusty Attic, created this awesome layout, and then posted a tutorial for her technique on her blog, For the Love Art.  So I had to try it and I did on a very small scale.
Hmmm blogger keeps rotating this picture!  This isn't right!
For my mask I used a Dusty Attic Wrought Iron Fence, and the only thing different I did, was seal my Dusty Attic piece with some Super Seal.  It waterproofs the chipboard so it doesn't absorb my medium.  I also mix my thick gesso w/ texturing gel, which created a great marble effect once it all dried.  This was my interpretation of striped paper for evidence.

I framed Sarah's picture with an Art Deco clipart frame I found on the net.  I went back and colored with my Faber-Castell pencils and then misted the whole thing with Tattered Angels Glimmer mist for some shimmer and sparkle.
Lastly I took a Teresa Collins tag and covered it with some 7 Gypsies papers, and a scrap of muslin, splattered with some more Tattered Angles and some old rub-ons.  I printed my journaling onto a transparency, and covered the edges with some torn dictionary scraps and then stapled it to the tag.
Journey of Special Ed.
"Since Sarah is in Special Education classes, we are required to have annual meetings, called ARD's.  It's meant to discuss and figure out the game plan for Sarah's education next year.  but you have to be a bit Thick Skinned when you walk into these meetings.  They've run tests and evaluations and their findings I'm not always in agreement with or even thing they are valid.  To be told her IQ is grossly below average...you really have to let it roll off your back, like water off a duck.  But you sit down, roll up your sleeves, and prepare for 'battle', going back and forth fighting for her needs and abilities.  Both sides are stubborn like goats but in the end, we all shake hands and leave the room.  Content, knowing I've stood up for my daughter and her continuing journey thru school."

I hope you like it.  Please visit Michelle for her tutorial on texture as it's FABULOUS.  Thanks again for stopping by.

1 comment:

Jenny Evans said...

Absolutely gorgeous layout, S!! Love all the textures and layers, and that stunning photo!! Wonderful journaling, sorry you have to deal with that! You are one thick-skinned mama! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...