Friday, March 09, 2012

10 Cloud 9


Before
AFTER

Another awesome challenge over at CSI this week!  YOU have to play along!!  I've had these pics of my dh for quite a while.  No, he's NOT a pilot but in civilian terms his title was Airframe Mechanic.  He made sure our pilots were safe in the Navy.  Our squadron was slatted for closure, so we had news reporters on base and they're getting rides... and next thing David learns, he has paperwork to go to school so HE can take a ride!  He got to ride in a FA-18 Hornet!  (TOP GUN FOLKS)  I was invited along to photograph and share his memory.  I have a slew of photo's but these are some of my faves!  (Que soundtrack now..)  I pulled my sketch inspiration from Liz Qualman at her blog, My Little Sketch Blook dated 2010.
My clouds are sticky back canvas that I colored with water color pencils.  I then debossed with my favorite embossing folder and then painted with TH Rock Candy Crackle Paint.  I also backed with Basic Grey, Infuse and added faux stitching.  I had some Quick Quotes chipboard that I covered with BG and some Dusty Attic leaves I covered with metal tape. (not for the faint of heart or tender fingered)  The tape I stained with TH Alcohol stains!  LOVE.
 I had a random chipboard frame that I coated in Bronze crackle paint and some canvas Thickers that I colored with Distress Inks and my markers.  I covered the 9 with more metal tape and colored again with alcohol inks.  I'll admit, I didn't finish my journaling for this challenge.  But I'm gonna borrow another members idea and create a pull tab to place behind the layout and type my journaling, include his paperwork for the school and some of the snapshots taken by his squadron.
Again, a joy to be playing and designing for CSI: Color, Stories and Inspiration.  If you ever get the chance, stop by, browse and we'd love to have you play along!  Until next time!  TFL!

4 comments:

Jenny Evans said...

This is so awesome, Shaunery!! I LOVE your clouds, and your metal covered DA pieces!! So cool!! Blood, sweat and tears for our layouts!!! hehehe

Tracee said...

Love this S. I love to look at your pages and read about all the different techniques you used. Great job with this weeks case file Txx

Debbi Tehrani said...

Your work is always so beautiful and interesting to look at. I admire you so much for all your technique work! The debossed clouds look so cool, and I just love all the metal and alcohol ink you used!

Tabitha said...

Absolutely gorgeous pages!! Love your work!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...