Wednesday, December 21, 2011

Wacky December!!

Well this has been a wacky December in a way...for the second year in a row I found myself on the wrong side of the calendar, behind the 8 ball, looking at the calendar and exclaiming, "WHERE did my time go??"  So before the New Year even kicks in this year, I solemnly swear to focus on the family, house and my personal commitments FIRST, then the volunteer work can be fit in.
Over at How Much is Too Much things are winding down.  :(  This is the next to the last challenge for the year and then the site will be going on a hiatus.  I've discovered this site too late, but have LOVED the challenges to use my STASH!  It's awesome.  I read a catty remark on some blog that "Using my stash for the sake of using it" wasn't something that appealed to the reader.  I was bewildered..Using MY stash for the sake of SCRAPPING is what appealed to ME!  This has been a wonderful journey of opening boxes, pulling drawers and seeing just what I've accumulated.  And I've been scrapping for 17 years.  We all go thru the trends and phases, buying up everything we can get our hands on, only to find... yeah that wasn't our thing after all.  But we invested our hard earned money, (Or our husbands hard earned money, as he'd moan) so we won't throw things away.  HMITM has allowed me to dig into the button stash, the clips, the ribbons...papers I forgot I owned.
Debbi's Wacky December challenge consisted of the following items...
A Bingo card - I used my TH embossing folder
Something you can tie - I used twine, and left over bits of ribbon
Minimum of 5 stars - three wire clip stars, that I encrusted with glitter (another huge stash), and two stamped star images.
Use punches, cutters, or shape templates - I used my Quick Cuts die for my banner and my circle punches
Use bubbles somewhere - my "bubbles" are inspired by the Bingo markers.  I PUNCHed my bubbles from TH Tape covered scraps.  Then covered in Glossy Accents.  Before they dried, I spritzed with TA Pearl Mist.
An uncanny coincidence my papers are Christmas papers... MME - Oh La La for the base.  And BG - Figgy Pudding (front and back) for the banner, and embellishments.
It's not too late to play at HMITM.  There's one last challenge for December!!  Come on, you wanna play, so jump on board and come visit the gang!  You'll have fun!

2 comments:

Debbi Tehrani said...

Love this, Shaunery! Your layouts are always such a treat to look at with all the interesting techniques you so lovingly include on the pages! Such dear photos, and the Figgy Pudding was a perfect choice!

Jenny Evans said...

Love this layout, Shaunery! The colors are great, the photos are too adorable, and that banner with the tied ribbon is amazing!! Great job!! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...