Wednesday, August 03, 2011

Musical Memories

Oh boy oh boy.  This was actually a very fun Color Combo Challenge.  The colors were Bing Cherry, White-Washed Wood, Key Lime & Lime Ice...the twist on this was use a woodgrain pattern within the project.

I pulled my papers from Graphic 45 Times Nouveau Collection.  It has several sheets full of these cute cherries and the greens were PERFECT!  The next thing I used were several wood grained patterned papers. One is from DCWV's Green Stack.  I used watered down gesso and wiped it on with a sponge.

My other woodgrain paper is some old Paper Studio.  I took my Color Box White Pigment ink and stamped onto my craft mat.  Then I gave it a quick spritz with some water...with this thinned out solution, I wiped it "with the grain" of my paper with my TH Ranger ink applicator w/ the sponge .  Before it even dried, I painted with a coat of Rock Candy Distress Crackle Paint and set in my garage to 'bake'.  Since yesterdays high was around 110.. it was ready to use pretty quickly.  I then wiped it with some Walnut Distress Ink and a little more of the left over white ink.  Once the inks dried, I went back over w/ a fine tip brown marker and "enhanced" the lines and the nail heads of the paper.

For embellishments, I built up coordinating tags from Graphic 45, stickers from forever ago..some fussy cutting of the cherries from scraps, rub on's and a mirrored bird from Heidi Swapp. Some metal embellishments from Tim Holtz and even a hinge I borrowed from a df helped to build things up.  And some altered grunge paper hinges by Tim Holtz.  Being a stickler for these color challenges, I also altered my papers...


The Graphic 45 has lots of cream and golds in it.  The creams I could deal with but the golds, well there was so much it looked orange. my solution??  Markers...copic, sharpie and some SU that I've had forever...
Original Paper
After coloring over the gold with my markers...
There you have it folks.  Well I'm off to play a bit.  I have several challenges I'd like to finish and post.  I'm so behind on my journal.  Been busy getting my dd off to Missouri for some time w/ her grandparents, running ds to choir clinics and choir sectional practice and spending some quality time w/ dd #2 while the siblings are out of our hair for a wee bit.  Lots of drive time involved, but we've been having some fun!  Hope to get caught up over the weekend!! :D  Wish me luck. 

2 comments:

Jenny Evans said...

Love it Shaunery!! Love seeing how you altered the paper!! This layout is truly amazing!! Love every little detail!! Kudos!!

Papel Scissors said...

awesome creativity as always...i just bought some of the new graphic 45 that just came out..unlike you with knowing the names of the different lines, I can't remember which one I bought from them LOL I do love it though..it's travel themed!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...