Thursday, August 25, 2011

Adore

Getting back into the stride of things now.  While the desk still looks like a hurricane hit it, I still managed to complete this weeks Color Combo Galore challenge.  What I liked most about the challenge was there wasn't a single speck of white, black, brown or grey as one of the four colors.  THAT can be very challenging.  Throw in red, pink & peach... I'm now perplexed and intrigued.  Can I do this?  Not a huge fan of pink and peach??? 
I decided to use my stash of Graphic 45 papers, these came from the Steampunk Debutante collect.  Found a page of Basic Grey - basic collection and at the time it "appeared" to be peach.. just to be certain, I also used a piece of Color Core'dinations, that I dry embossed with a basket weave plate from Tim Holtz.  
Since I'm shamelessy promoting and drooling over Tim Holtz, I also used my TH dress form die for my Big Shot.  I then "enhanced" it with some vintage ribbon I bought while visiting Hannibal, MO.  I used my Tattered Angels mask as a template and traced onto some Prima paper.  After some fussy cutting and tracing I layered them all together.
Did some more fussy cutting and then started digging thru my stash.. I have TH tissue tape, American Crafts rub-on's, Glizt Rub-on's, ancient Making Memories metal and 7 Gypsie hardware.  I also piddled with some Twinkling H2o's and Perfect Pearls for some random touches. 
Erin in Nauvoo, IL
Erin, my daughter, was patient enough to pose and let me piddle around Sunday morning while exploring Nauvoo, IL.  We had traveled all the way to partake in the annual Family Reunion, that we haven't been able to attend for years.  I think it made my MIL happy to have her son & family there.  I know I enjoyed the time with my husbands cousins that we rarely get to see.  I certainly enjoyed the beautiful area and the time w/ the extended family.

2 comments:

Marilyn said...

Very Lovely Page, Shaunery!! I love G45!! the photos of your lovely daughter are beautiful!! Take Care!!

jeanie g said...

I cant believe you only had 1 comment on this so far Shaunery!! It is a beautiful LO and you really deserve the Gallery fave title. Happy Sunday and take care. xx Jeanie g

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...