Wednesday, June 08, 2011

Hot Lazy Days

Ever look at a creative challenge and think to yourself.. "EASY PEASY"..  I initially had the same thought for this one.  I started at my favorite color combo challenge site, Color Combos Galore and jumped on board for the weeks challenge.  Bright summery colors, bold...then I started pulling papers..then I read the challenge details a bit more...The inspiration picture shows water and beach/pool things.  The inspiration dialogue suggests incorporating hot air balloons.. !?!  Huh?   Well I did it.  This is my take on CCG#195.
 I also took my cues from another creative website.  Instead of a layout challenge, this one encourages you to use masses of stuff!!  I used six different patterns, old MME, BoBunny, and G45.  I enhanced with my Tattered Angles to make their colors vibrant but then knocked it back down w/ some Distress Ink (TH!).  Even found some Three Bugs in A Rub textured border stickers that I enhanced.
Keeping in a circle theme I pulled some 7 Gypsies goodies and arranged on my six circles.  Loving the steam
punk look, I did another first, I used a digital down load from an Etsy shop MonBonBon.  I printed two of her vintage hot air balloons, distressed them and layered them.
Lastly, I added my title and scrounged around for my six embellishments.. (yeah it's was a challenge thing)
however, after finding my embellishment and after staring some time at my balloon image and another idea began to develop.  I used 14 of these fabulous little lacing brads that I've had FOREVER and some waxed floss and mimicked the ropes on my balloon.  I know the challenge said six but really How Much is Too Much? 
Last tidbit, the pictures are my youngest daughter.  Yes, I'll be the first to admit it, she's a cutie.  But for those of you who don't know it, Sarah is on the Autistic Spectrum.  She's a very high functioning little girl but suffers from severe anxiety disorder and loads of little symptoms all over the scale.  This particular summer Sarah CHOOSE to have me photograph her after some fun in the sprinkler.  She had fun posing for me and smiling and I was so tickled to get to play behind the camera.  Moments like this don't happen often, and those out there with Autistic children know it's sometimes very difficult to even get their child to look AT them, let alone at a camera... so a true treasure. :D

2 comments:

Bobbie said...

How cute is that. Love the pic of Sarah added in.

Debbi Tehrani said...

This is so, so fun, and so, so fabulous, Shaunery! LOVE how you incorporated the 6 circles into your design, and the lacing at the bottom is way cool! SO happy to have you playing at HMITM!

If you want to post a second link through Mr. Linky to lead back to your blog, that would be perfectly fine!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...