Friday, June 03, 2011

#190 Brother Sister Family Siblings

Layout #190 from Color Combos Galore.  I finished a current challenge on time, as a matter of fact with time to spare...what should I do?  Why CATCH UP some more.  So I picked this color combo challenge because the inspiration picture was fabulous.  I pulled papers from Creative Imagination IOD line, a sheet of Cosmo Cricket from a friend (thanks Steph for the YELLOW) and pulled out my Tim Holtz Grundge papers.  I was out of sticky back canvas, so I stamped on muslin instead.
The challenge was to incorporate/use siblings or pets in the layout.  (Do children count as pets?) I had this darling rubber stamp that I used my water color pencils on for that soft dreamy look.  Water coloring became my "theme" from that point on... I water colored onto stamped images on muslin, I highlighted the diamonds on the paper & grunge board butterfly wings..if it didn't move I water-colored it.

I also pulled out my Rock Candy Distress Crackle Paint for the butterfly wings and a flower.  I used Stickles to fill in the centers of the flowers and to add random dimension thru out the layout.
Lastly I pulled out chipboard letters B - Brother Best  S- Sibling Sister  F- Friends Family which I covered with scraps of paper, coated w/ dimensional magic, distressed and water colored.  I also pulled out acrylic letters e-erin t-taylor & s-sarah.  
I took pictures of my layout outside both in the shade and in the sun.  The sun created too much glare and the shade cast a blue hue..I hope I was able to represent the inspiration colors as closely as possible.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...