Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Snow.........

Tickled happy.. finished yet another layout challenge.  I know, this may be boring to most, but I'm very happy to complete another page for Taylor's album.  And I am catching up on past challenges I missed during the holidays.  This time I banged out my layout with help from a fun little site called, Sassy Lil' Sketches it's their January 7th sketch.  So with the help of some Basic Grey (Figgy Pudding) and some My Minds Eye and a piece of snow embossed cardstock I've hoarded for the past umpteen years.. SEE I do use OLD stuff, I came up with this.
The challenge encouraged you to incorporate sheer ribbon... huh seems I don't own any that coordinated with this color combo..BUT had some awesome snowflake ribbon I used instead.  I did draw my inspiration from the snow flakes piped on the confections in the inspiration photo... I happened to own some rubber stamps that mimicked this design.  I stamped on some "Iced Cafe Au Lait" pearl cardstock and used some Martha Stewart glitters.  I dug out my punches for the borders and even found some MAMBI rub-on's.  (Note, rub-on's DO have a shelf life..do not HOARD these..use 'em up!)  Since my rub-on's kept flaking off, I touched them up with STICKLES (you know I had to sneak some Tim Holtz/Ranger in)
I finished with some glittery white Thickers, more stamping and glitter (which is freakin' everywhere now.) and journaling in white and "Arctic Aqua".
Finished!! Done!!  Happy..... (and I know, the color is "off" in this last shot.  Didn't quit have camera settings
where they should be..and didn't quit fix in my software..)

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...