Monday, January 17, 2011

#175 Comfort

It's Monday, the kids vegged most of the day...I cropped.  And I'm finished with ANOTHER layout and I have to say, I LOVE this layout.  It took a few steps away from my vision but it's close enough... This weeks theme we were to use COMFORT in our layout.. My pictures represent what give me comfort; the wonderful memories of my brother, my husbands love & kisses, my husbands patience and willingness to be an active parent and father (I'm reminded everyday, just how many fathers out there are schleps) my children inspire me to comfort them and to provide comfort in our home, my comfort in our nations service men & women and for the dedication my husband had for his Navy career when he was still active reserve, comfort in the simple luxuries such as a creamy latte.
I used Fancy's "About a Boy" paper line and I had it's coordinating sheet of titles and tags.  From it I "built" the butterfly.  I traced the wings onto a piece of Mica and cut them out.  The nice thing about Mica is I can split and peel off layers.  Using a dimensional "snot dot" I built the mica wings up, then enhanced with Stickles.
I used a stencil and pounced the white flowers directly onto the paper, not satisfied I outlined with a white journaling pen.  Still not satisfied, I traced onto sticky back canvas and cut out and layered onto the background.  Further enhancing with a blender pen, Distress Inks, two Sharpies, Dimensional Pearls...and I stopped and said enough.  My white pigment ink just isn't giving me the pop I wanted.
One thing that happened while playing... I had white Thickers, I wanted them green.  So I inked and embossed, but it didn't work!  It literally shrunk the ink/embossing powder and pealed off.  So, I peeled off all the green and this shot happened.  I'm also doing Project365 and this was the perfect picture for today!  I went back with Staz-On and the ink stuck... and after running thru the Xyron the letters stuck too!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...