Thursday, September 02, 2010

Pencil Line Sketch 202

Finished another layout this week.  This time it's for another website called Pencil Lines.  Here they provide a page sketch to inspire and guide your layout.  I'm all for sketches, I follow several blogs and sites for their creativity.  But this month, Pencil Lines invited Janet Perafan-Babar, the founder of Color Combos Galore 
and you all know how I feel about CCG!  I'm not sure if I made it in time for this challenge but here's the sketch and the color combo...

 Not sure if I made the deadline or not... I went ahead and took some enormous liberties with the challenge.  First, I didn't use an oval as shown in the sketch, I used a rectangle.  Secondly, I'm pretty darn sure the colors don't match exactly...
These pictures are of my oldest daughter back when she was in PeeWee CheerLeading.  The angled picture is one of my favorites (taken by another Cheer Dad, Aaron)  Erin is just pouring out her heart and soul into that cheer.  And it was a hot miserable Texas "fall" day.  Temps up around 100, humidity in the 90's and the heat index, well..you can imagine!  Add those wonderful black uniforms and camp them kids out on the black tar mat of the track... These girls drank their weight in water that day.  But everyone stuck it out and cheered their team on.
I dug out some OLD Basic Grey.... like 2005/2006 old... for the "oval" I used a scrap of Ten Second Studio Copper metal.  I used a tabbed edge punch down the left side.  For my Corn Yellow, I painted on some Mustard Seed Distressed Crackle Paint... There's Distress Ink on the edges of the papers, and TH tissue tape on the ribbon and by the title.  
Well, I'm gonna clean up this desk.  Color Combos Galore is due to release this weeks challenge tonight...wonder what we'll create next week!! 

1 comment:

Miss Mary said...

ohh awesome LO..look at the yellow!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...