Tuesday, June 15, 2010

I'm a Lame Blogger

Okay, it's been a little bit since I've blogged.  But let's face it, I'm not a gushy, "I Love Parenthood" type of mom.  DON'T get me wrong, I LOVE my kids, but Brady Bunch we are not.  I mean we lead a very normal basic life.  I think my kids are fabulous but don't feel the need to justify or shout it from the highest mountain.

Taylor is currently in California, visiting the male parental and his grandparents.  He calls me almost everyday or texts.  Just this morning I get a text "We felt an earthquake last night".  I respond, "And HOW was that?"  Taylor - "Ok, but it scared the crud out of me."  It must not have been that big or my phone would be ringing..lol

Erin is at a friends house spending the night.  Sarah is in her room playing.  Soooo the house is VERY quiet right now.  I've paid bills, and currently cleaning "the desk".  A common blog entry huh?  Eh, well. 

Of late these days, my conventional cropping has been set aside.  I've been stamping and coloring alot these days.  I read a LOT of blogs too.  These women who craft are truly inspirational.  They, like me and you, juggle the responsibilities of being wife and mom.  Then, they throw in designer for a company, or two, or three...they organize give-aways, projects...AND some will even get PERSONAL on their blog.  Not the cute, my family is picture perfect, step ford stuff...I mean PERSONAL...husband are dorks, children have taped the cat to the wall, my childhood was a living nightmare..but here's the inspirational part.  These woman have climbed to the top of all that CRAP, washed themselves of the BS and are working on being "normal" viable moms, wives, sisters, daughters of society.
We all strive to be the perfect woman, Barbie, Step ford wife...we all admire the woman next to us who has achieved that.  (Oh you do too!) and I'm not slamming them.  But we should also take time to admire the broken mom, the chipped and worn mom, the struggling wife and the not so perfect woman.  They too have much to teach us..

I was gonna blog about my recent craftiness but...I think this is a good place to stop.  Maybe I won't be so lame tomorrow and blog some more...

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...