Tuesday, March 09, 2010

Nerdy Bird Sketch


http://pagemaps.com/blog.php?do=blog&id=89
I'm at it again. My favorite website/blog has posted another contest. This one is using what's called a "Card Map". It's a very simple concept, they create a sketch. Then we use as inspiration, a spring board, a start to get our creative juices rolling. I bought Becky Fleck's book, "PageMaps" last year after borrowing from a friend on a retreat. It came with it's own "flash cards", you tuck them into your crop tote and off you go! I now go to the website every month to down load the latest and greatest pagemaps.

This card was created by using my scraps. I had some two sided mulberry paper, using my border punch I created the scalloped edge. I then rubberstamped the music image, the floral oval and the word "magic", all using my favorite Tim Holtz Distressed Inks in Black Soot. Using my water pen, I caused the black ink on the edges to bleed. I also used my Perfect Pearls (by, guess who? Ranger!) to dust my flower and add highlight. On the oval, I sprayed with yet another favorite, Tattered Angels Glimmer Mist in Sea Glass and Jazz blue.. a scrap of silver ribbon, a rhinestone brad and that's pretty much it. Oh did I mentioned I also used my (favorite) Tim Holtz Mini Stapler to attach my word?? Okay, I did. ;)

Thanks Becky Fleck and Page Maps for the inspiration and the challenge!

1 comment:

Papel Scissors said...

your creativity always amazes me..congrats on another beautiful peice of artwork!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...