Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Run for the Roses..

I'm a little behind on showing these off....David loves a big production. On May 23rd, 1998 we said "I do". It's been an amazing 10 years, we have two beautiful daughters together, a fabulous "bonus" son (as David calls Taylor), we haven't ever gone to bed fighting, he always kisses me good morning before leaving for work (even if I was in deep coma), I think our ability to communicate is awesome, we play devils advocate to each other constantly and listen to the voice of reason (most of the time) Our relationship continues to grow and evolve just as we've grown and evolved personally.
Even though he's been gone most of the year, David is still my rock. He never forgets to compliment me on the smallest of things. I know when I need his hugs the most, he'd be here in a heartbeat if he could. Instead, he listens to my ranting on the phone, reminds me to call a girlfriend for a hug or for a little extra help. When I don't feel strong and the day looks bleak, he's been there to encourage me and boost me up.
David and I have been friends since we were 14 years old...that's um...well we're in our late 30's. You figure it out. Our friendship has also been long distance from the start. First 40+ miles from each other, then I moved to California, then he moved to Alemeda while I was in Orange County...Our "face" time was always at a minimum. Now it seems we're coming full circle again, him in D.C. and us here in Texas. Each day apart is just another day closer to the day he's home permanently. To start another life "adventure" or challenge. Call it what you may.
Happy Anniversary David...I know we've already wished each other on the phone, but here it is for the world to see. Thank you for my beautiful flowers and the love you sent with them.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...