Friday, August 10, 2007

He's Counting the Days....



For anyone reading the comments, Safety1 is my dh David. Since he hasn't sent any photo's yet. (I know he's packed a digital camera) I'm improvising, using pictures from his Flight of a Life Time. Back in Spring 2006 David had the opportunity to ride in an FA-18. These are my two favorite pictures.
David is counting days left in his career, today 479....while we at home been counting days gone..28. So far I like our number better, it's not as big or so large..Figured I'd better hurry up and post this here, because David has been visiting our blogs and commenting how many DAYS are left...(Sorry peeps, as if anyone else knows who he is!) Right now it's no different that when he's on detachment, we've had two week detachments up to 6 week detachments. Give us another month and then the real "missing" begins. While Davids days are barely filled, our's are packed. So if you'd like to keep David busy or amused, you can write....
AM1 David R. Wharton, 1668 D Street Box #746, Andrew AFB, MD 20762
Speaking of which, I have our own care package to finish up....

2 comments:

Staci said...

I knew who Safety1 was! So sorry he's not having much fun. Long distance hugs to you David!!

Becky B. said...

We miss him too.... Not in the same way of course, but miss him none the less.... Time will pass, and this will be a distant memory someday. I feel much sorrier for David all alone there, you have us and the kids(ok, so some days that's not a plus), but hopefully he will meet some peeps of his own.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...