Wednesday, January 29, 2014

Journal52 Week 3



Finally... week three is complete for my art journal entry.  The prompt was "You make me smile".   Oddly it had me stumped.  So much makes me smile... the list is endless and the "You's" are too.   I just started pulling out items that made me smile...surprise.. my tags, my stamps, inks and papers... working and playing with layers became the focus again.  But this time with technique.  Stencils, texture paste, paper....
I also pulled out some old and new stamps.  The watch and keys was a total impulse buy out at Cat's but so glad I did... and some new Dyan Reaveley Dylusions word stamps I bought on a very recent excursion with my bestie.  
Last, pulled out my metal and odds and ends... I covered this Ornate Plate from the Tim Holtz Idea-ology line with my Distress paints (Picket Fence and Tarnished Brass) and mounted over a faux negative I found somewhere.. LOVED

I made an attempt to journal directly on the page and hate it... so I'll go back to my journaling on the back of the page.  Okay time to get out of here, week 4 prompt has been up a while and I need to get started..

Thanks for stopping by!  Your thoughts and kind words are always appreciated!



2 comments:

Valerie said...

This is great! You are always so encouraging to me then I look at what you did and think...how could she possibly think what I did was so great! Every piece you do is so detailed! I like the quote on the green tag. I like the texturing, the colors, the ornate metal piece...fabulous job once again!

Anonymous said...

Wow!!! Love this page too. Amazing choice of colours. Karen.x

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...