Wednesday, January 15, 2014

Journal52 Week 2

It's week two... and the theme is delightfully simple.   Seriously, its "Somewhere; a simple place".
I took it to heart.  What started my "journey" into creativity?  Drawing.  As a teen I drew and sketched.  So much, my parents enrolled me in Drawing 101 at the local community college my freshman year in high school.  I was learning with "real college" students that summer.

I pulled out my watercolor pencils and my sketch pencil and just started sketching.. nothing fancy, nothing too detailed.. I wanted the idea.. I wanted it to be my woods, or your woods or fantasy woods. what ever sparked in the imagination when viewed.  Also pulled out my distress pads, distress stains, water misters and craft matt... dipping my paper into wet ink has been an obsession and I can't get enough..
A simple place I like to be
...is hidden in a childhood memory
 deep in the woods, under the trees....
while light & dust play tricks on me.


Thanks for stopping by!  



3 comments:

Valerie said...

this is beautiful! I love it! Great colors. Like the sketching, the butterfly, tag. I love it all! You inspire me!

Sandy Trefger said...

Show off. LOL My idea is still tumbling around in my head. I've had 3 different ones. Neither will work with the other so I need to figure out which one I want to do and get at it! Love yours! So pretty!

Gio said...

Wow! I don't know if it's simple, but I'm pretty sure it's beautiful and very inspired!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...