Friday, July 12, 2013

Summer Luv



 Okay it's reveal time again over at CSI!  I'm slowly working on my "fear" (deep dislike) of the color pink.  The inspiration photo for this case file is dreamy and romantic... with a pop of fun and whimsy!   We also have a wonderful sketch from Page Drafts, Em Staface is so creative and fun with her sketches!


My evidence for this weeks layout include:
Flowers:  I used a rubber-stamp to create my flower.  I'm on a poppy kick and I love this stamp "Poppy Poem" by Penny Black .   I stamped on a tag and colored with my TH markers, and played with some embossing techniques.  I also fussy cut several stamped images to layer and add dimension.
Triangles: I made tiny little triangles from some old MME Lost & Found.  Inked my edges with some TH Shabby Shutters & Peeled Paint.  I also attempted to "make" triangles from a heart punch.. using some old Glizt, I die cut some hearts and cut the tops off... it's close, it's different.
Banner:  Not being a banner girl, I thought I need to "get over it" and used my honeycomb die to create the pink Glizt banner.  Not bad!  Not completely sold on it, but I'm progressing.


Other evidence included are buttons, lace trim and lace inspired paper and a bit of string to hold my banner together.



I took my gingham paper and created pockets to hold some journaling tags.  (Pulled out my TH tab dies for these cutie cards)  I'll add journaling and some more mini-photo's.  It seems I've been using my phone and insta-gram more than my camera this summer.  Those cute little photo's are fun to play with and print.

So there it is.  Hope you enjoyed!



3 comments:

Valerie said...

Great job Shaunery! Love the colors in this one. How creative to use a heart punch to make triangles! Love the banner. Like the tab cards too! Wonderful job as always!

Sandy Trefger said...

Oooh love this! Love all the details and the colors and the photos! Awesome!!

Inkyfingers said...

What a fabulous layout. I love all the great details you added.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...