Monday, August 20, 2012

Vacation

Ladies and Gentlemen (if you visit my site) may I present to you Case File #33 over at CSI!!  This turned out differently than what I had going in my head, but I think in the end, it's pretty groovy!  :D
 Sketch 333

For starters, I pulled my sketch idea from Sketch Inspiration.  Sketch #333 is darling sketch that I twisted and turned.  Now let's look at the evidence shall we?
Wood:  I had some scraps of wood veneer that I stained w/ my TH Distress pad, in Faded Wood
Liquid Medium:  I used gesso to anchor some of my paper embellishments and crackle finish on my clouds.
Clouds:  I pulled out those fabulous chipboard clouds again!  This time coating them with gesso, some shading w/ my watercolor pencils in charcoal and then coating with crackle medium. 
Something sandlike:  I used my Stone Effects medium again on the word Vacation.  I also drizzled some liquid glue on my border and then dumped some Diamond Dust on it while still wet.
Create Shadows:  I created shadows with my chipboard elements and by "suspending" other elements either with pop dots or layering.  You can see with the twine and the cloud above.
White background:  A large white mat
Bricks:  I ran embossed white cardstock with my TH brick embossing folder.  I then tore these into large chunky pieces that I adhered using white gesso.  I went back once dry with a sponge and lightly inked to create some contrast.


Something transparent:  I took a left over piece of Claudine Hellmuth's Craft plastic and treated it like a large mat.  I placed my photo's on top and used pop dots (aka "snot dots") to lift and float the entire piece. 
I also took the word title "Vacation" by Clear Scraps and stapled it to the page after dipping the bottom into Stone Effects.
For my testimony... heheheh I kinda forgot to create any journaling on this layout!  But I will go back and share about this "landmark" we've visited.  It's the Mighty Mississippi.  While it's not a landmark in the fashion many think of, it's definitely iconic, instantly recognizable either thru simple geography, history, or from being shared in stories by many great authors, notably Samuel Clemens aka Mark Twain.  The lighthouse in our inspiration photo this week, featured a lighthouse.  I immediately thought of two things, the Maine Coastline and the Hannibal Lighthouse.  I dug thru my Hannibal pictures and found these three and felt they were perfect for this weeks case file. 
I hope you enjoy this weeks case file as much as I did!  If you're looking for the supplies I used and you're local... head over to Cat's Creations Scrapbook in Mineral Wells.  Again, thanks for stopping by! :D

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...