Friday, May 18, 2012

Senior

Oh I'm so over due for some scrap time!  But it's Taylor time right now.  My dear son is graduating, thus so many layout featuring him lately.  Bittersweet I'm telling you!!
This week over at CSI, Case File #20 was full of some wonderful challenges!  For me I actually struggle with reds.  And my usual philosophy is to embrace my unliked color and RUN!  But I love greens and brown way to much and since time is the essence for me, I took the "easy" way out.  I kept things simple and even tucked my journaling under the photo to preserve "space".

My journaling is very straight forward this time.
"Taylor ~
Know this and keep these present in your thoughts..
1. You are loved so much.
2. We will NEVER stop loving you, no matter what
3. There is ALWAYS a solution to every problem.  It just depends on how hard you search for the soluction
4. Video games are a source of entertainment and escape.  Not a lifestyle or considered a means to an end."


My evidence for this challenge are:
Spirals -  I attempted the journaling in a spiral and found I suck at it.  So, instead I took twine and created spirals on double sided tape. 
Dots - I used several patterned papers.  red & yellow MME "From the Bright Side" line & an English brand I won like three years ago (it's the dark green circle)  it matched so well!
Insects - Not very sure if they're an insect but I used cut outs from G45 with the moths, and fussy cut from some Pink Paisley.
Stitching - I attempted some machine stitching down the right side of my page...not sure if you can see it.. but it's there.
Kraft background - I used TIM HOLTZ resist kraft!!  LOVE it...
Felt Accent - I had one random piece of vine felt left from another project, perfect!  Slapped it on and called it good
Retro - My old junk, gears, gadgets.. junk on my desk.   Taylor has an old soul and doesn't even know he's "retro" but he is.

That's about all for now... off to the next project and to tackle that mile long "To do" List.  Next week is the Baccalaureate and then the Graduation.  Family and friends.  Then we head to Austin for Solo State Finalist Competition!!!  So many photo ops and so many I need to catch up on!! 

2 comments:

Tina said...

Wonderful layout Shaunery! Great tribute to your son too - can you believe he's graduating?

Anonymous said...

Shaunrey! HI!!!!! Love this layout of yours girl!!! Your senior looks so ready to tackle the world!!! This page looks oerfect and I LOVE your cluster of elements- esp the Tim Holtz!!!!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...