Friday, February 17, 2012

My Favorite Things

I'm starting this weeks reveal off a little different.  First and formost I want to thank my friend Karan Whitehead for sharing her picture with me.  That beautiful young lady is her daughter!  I know, gorgeous.  My son Taylor is on the left and their dear friend Marshal is on the right.  This was taken at Timbercreek High School in Keller TX.  We had just arrived and were awaiting the students turns for their solo competition.  (BTW have I already mentioned, Taylor and Madison are going to STATE!  Wait that's for a little later..)

Okay, this week over at CSI  Case File #7 , we are working with some fabulous color challenges, awesome element prompts and GREAT journaling jump off points.  Shall we get to it??
Tell me that inspiration picture isn't awesome!  Continuing as our sponsor this month is Boys Rule Scrapbook Kits.  Their February kits are all about KRAFT and totally awesome.  If you have a boy you wanna scrap for, this kit is perfect.  I combined that Kraftiness (sorry for the pun) with this weeks challenge.
But I also used my fellow DT member, Susan Stringfellow's sketch #72  from Sketch Savy .   If you like fun sketches, pop over and try a few.
I took some creative freedom with it, but I still had a blast with it.  I used a large circle instead of a heart, turn my photo sideways, popped in an extra photo and then tucked the bushel basket in the corner.

My supplies include:  Tim Holtz resist Kraft paper, MME, Bo Bunny, Creative Imaginations, TH grunge letters, TH tissue tapes, Distress Inks and some Cosmo Cricket.  All my supplies I bought from my favorite LSS, Cat's Creations out in Mineral Wells.  Stop in a say hello if you're in her neck of the woods! 

1 comment:

FiKenward said...

Great layout Shaunery, I never imagined you to be a sketch sort of girl. I do however like what you did with it especially that little barrel holding those journalling pieces that look like corrugated iron.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...