Friday, July 01, 2011

#162 Circa 1941

Well turns out the color challenge is the same colors used for the DT Call at the other site. So hmmmm what to do? AH I'll head over to  Creative Scrappers  and see what their challenge is.  It's pretty darn cute.  I love diamonds and I had to give this a whirl.

Sweet and simple.  And FAST.  Okay, it's a little wonky but I'll fix the border before sliding it into the album sleeve.  I stuck to the actual sketch for the most part.  I did also challenge myself by using scraps from my scrap drawer.  So what you're seeing is some scraps from G45 (red stripes & very old Christmas), Some vintage Daisy D, Bo Bunny, Bazzil and TH Grunge .  I used three border punches and layered all three to create one wide border. 

 And lastly.. I just did a wee bit of journaling at the top.  This is my great grandmother Vena Gilman.  This was taken at Horseshoe Skyline, Colorado on July 4, 1941  Pretty darn cool I though... 
This was a satisfying little bit of scrapping.  But the Big Weekend is before us and there's plenty to be done before we can relax and enjoy it.  You all have a great weekend, and a SAFE weekend.  Keep those burn bans in mind when blowing up your fireworks, make sure you have your designated driver and have a HAPPY 4th of July America!!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...