Thursday, June 05, 2008

U u u u u u u u


"Missed it by that much..." to quote one of my favorite t.v. characters. I was recently invited to participate in a friends page swap. I immediately replied, "No, thank you..got tons on my plate!" I thought to myself, "Well done, you didn't crumble or back down, you stood firm."
Then "Friend 1" said, "What? You have to do it, it will be fun, your pages are great." and the clincher "But we need you." Damn, okay I'm back in.
Now this swap I'm involved in has some "specific rules" to follow, it's a two page layout (check), it needs to be in black and white (check), you'll be assigned two letters of the alphabet (it's a theme, cool check) and your specific accent color will be baby pink (screeeching halt, hold the brakes, WT? baby PINK??????) How on earth did I get assigned PINK? Okay, I should have jumped on the bandwagon earlier to voice my preferred choices, but HOW can baby pink be left?? Grumble, grumble...
Then I learned that Friend 1 convinced Friend 2 into this mess as well. What's HER color?? Brown...brown you say? That's great I'll just swap colors with her! Alas, she's already shopped for her paper, embellishment the whole kit and kaboodle. And she's laughing at me, but totally gets where I'm coming from. She's not a big fan of brown.
Grumble, grumble...so I suck it up. I want to buy my paper supplies before the weekend so I can begin. Off I go to The Scrapbook Get A Way to purchase my black and white paper. Sylvia is ALSO doing the swap, but doesn't yet know her color (hehehhe *weg*) I shop around the store and LO and BEHOLD...there is baby pink patterned paper....I'm saved.
The kids are in bed, I'm mocking up my layout (something I learned from Friend 1, but she'll agonize over it for days and weeks on end) I'm actually getting really excited about this layout now. So, I thought I'd share a few details of the page with my peeps and fellow swappers....
And for Friend 1, Friend 2, Jeanne and anyone else I may have forgotten, have a GREAT time at Arlington's Annual Scrapbook Convention, this weekend. Someday, I'll be there, someday.....

2 comments:

Staci said...

ooh, ooh, I can't wait to see the rest!

Jeanne Lobsinger said...

Next year my friend.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...