Sunday, August 19, 2007

Meet the Armontrouts...

I remember their license plates first and formost..."WR TXNS" or something like that..I saw their mini-van around Brunswick ALL the time after that. Then, I saw it in housing. I thought we ought to meet these Texans. Before I know it, they're my neighbors. Teri, Big Dave, Alicia, Robert & Patrick. A fabulous friendship grew. Alicia babysat, the boys played with Taylor when he visitied, Teri and I "bonded". Thanks to Teri on late nights, we both had a drawl. Then we moved back to Texas, two years later the Armontrouts moved to New Orleans..then Katrina hit...WELCOME HOME Armontrouts! Now Robert has graduated, David is retiring and the family is moving BACK to Maine....sigh...
When you make friends in the military, they often become long distance due to changes in orders, base closures, retirements and such. On rare occasions, you "bump" into each other, paths cross again. Katrina brought them back to me (actually back to Texas and their families). Even though we didn't see each other everyday, our friendship always continued forward.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...