Sunday, August 05, 2007

Boxes

Okay, it's been a week or more since Taylor has officially moved in. For the most part everyone's spaces are "defined" but we still have boxes. Boxes in the garage, boxes in my room, boxes in Taylor's room. When I get rid of boxes, more arrive. Via Federal Express! No seriously, yesterday, thru away 5 boxes, then the Fed Ex man appears with TWO more boxes!!!
Papa Jim & Nana sent the kids boxes of goodies from Columbia. Erin is jumping with excitement, Sarah is singing Happy Birthday over and over again and Taylor can't beleive his name is on the box too. So, what's in the boxes??? Taylor recieved a Pine Derby Car kit to assemble. Sarah got walkie talkies (thanks ever sooooo much!) and Erin got all kinds of goodies, scrappin' stuff, a journal, a Barbie.
We went and bought batteries for the walkie talkies. Now the kids are attempting to talk on them. It's such a simple concept but between the three.....*sigh* Maybe tin cans and string might work better, no not likely. Forgot film for Taylor's "new" camera (thanks J&A) and forgot milk. Can't seem to remember anything when we make a quick "run" to the store these days. Oh well.
Tonight Erin & Sarah will attend VBS at the local Methodist Church. Erin is excited and once I finally tell Sarah, she will be too. If I tell her now, she'll want to go NOW. So in six short hours, I'll let her know! We're slowly getting into a routine here. Sarah is falling asleep much quicker these days, which makes our bedtime routine a little shorter.
Well, let's see....Taylor has receieved, and finished the last book of Harry Potter. I could hear Taylor squealing or yelling as he read the book. He'd come out of his room and I'd have to threaten him so he wouldn't tell me about the book. I've now read the book and I understand the squealing and yelling. It's a great book!!!! It's a shame to see the series end. I guess we'll have to start over again....

3 comments:

Staci said...

Sounds like things are coming around. I'm sure the kids are going to have fun at VBS. Miss you!

Jenn said...

You are doing good if you forget when you have three kids in tow. I can't remember shit when I go by myself.

Annie Wharton said...

Boxes, Boxes...At least yours are coming in and not leaving for good...:( Sorry about forgetting the batteries and film. If it's any consolation, you forget things when your old too, including the list.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...